SGD - Fast, Low Noise, Digital Signal Generator
Now with improved phase noise performance, the S-Series SGD leads the industry
with 200 MHz bandwidth and 100 µs level & frequency settling time.
- Wide band cover:
- SGD-3 - 100 kHz to 3 GHz
- SGD-6 - 100 kHz to 6 GHz
- +13 dBm output (+20 dBm option)
- 3 GPP ACLR -70 dBc
- IQ modulator with 300 MHz RF bandwidth, 200 MHz with internal AWG
- Up to 250 MS/s dual channel arbitrary waveform generator with memory options up to 4 GBytes
- Embedded IQCreator
waveform creation and generic modulation tool
- Low SSB phase noise: –135 dBc/Hz at 1 GHz 20 kHz offset
- Noise floor >10 MHz offset, <-150 dBc/Hz at 1 GHz
- Fast frequency settling time: 100 µs
- Comprehensive frequency and amplitude sweep capabilities
- List mode including ARB sequence mode
- Internal Analog Modulation
- Internal pulse modulator/generator (option)
- Carrier phase control
- Half-rack width, 4U high with 8.5 inch touch-screen user-interface
- Synchronization and interaction with S-Series modules and instruments
interlocking mechanism for multiple instrument applications
- LAN and GPIB remote control
- Low cost of ownership through modular design
The wide bandwidth IQ modulator exhibits excellent dynamic range enabling the most demanding amplifier and receiver selectivity measurements to be performed. The use of Aeroflex’s Fast Low Noise Synthesis (FLNS) technology, added to the experience gained through decades of developing leading-edge signal source products, ensures that signal purity and integrity have not been sacrificed in the quest for speed; the SGD excels in all respects.
An embedded version of IQCreator®; Aeroflex's powerful waveform creation tool enables the user to design waveform files from generic or system specific templates as well as convert user designed waveforms into compatible formats and include signal impairments and time markers to aid sychronization.
With a comprehensive range of features and options, the SGD meets the needs for a general-purpose signal generator while offering the high performance required of demanding, critical receiver measurements or rapid manufacturing.
An SGD “Aerolocked” to an SVA signal analyzer is a powerful system test tool in the size of one conventional instrument and the AeroLink between instruments allows them to co-operate in making measurements.